Monday, June 17, 2013

Hola! Spanish work is the BEST!!

Hello my beloved friends and family!

Not much time but I want you to know how much I love this work! Hermana Ihler and I thank our lucky stars everyday that we get to do Spanish work. It's the greatest! We are seeing so many miracles here! Santa and Domingo married AND interviewed for their baptisms last week! Their son Manuel didn't show up to the interview because they're all really worried about paying tithing. Keep him in your prayers. We're going to do our best to prepare him for this weekend because we want their whole family here to be baptized together! The ward is so amazing here and they are so amazing at fellowshipping the Pastor family! Hermana Ihler and I sent down missionaries to their other children in Guatemala so pray that those missionaries find them soon so they can begin to be a forever family! We had a soccer game/ mini fiesta for their marriage on Saturday night and it was super fun! I'll send pictures of that next week! Domingo was so cute and had Sister Anderson take pictures of all of us- he really wanted a picture of his family with Hermana Ihler and I. Pray that we get to stay here another transfer- we never want to leave! Paducah Spanish is the best are in all of the Tennessee Nashville Mission!

Hermana Ihler is the best! I love her so much and I am so grateful the Lord called both of us to do this work at this time. I get a little mama bear when it comes to her sometimes, I have to protect my young! We always have the best time and we both love the people that we are teaching SOOO much! That's the most important thing you can do for a person, especially those that you are sharing the gospel with- just love them!

Two weeks ago we were teaching a man David outside when his neighbor walked up and started listening near the end of the lesson. We gave this man Louis a Book of Mormon and set up a time for us to come back. We returned last Monday and somehow taught the Restoration AND Plan of Salvation! (Probably not the best thing to do but after teaching the Restoration we felt so strongly that he needed to hear the Plan of Salvation) We invited him to baptism and he accepted! He has a date on July 6th and we're hoping he can get work off this Sunday to come to church! The crazy part of this experience is that as we were leaving he mentioned he had a friend that was a mormon- he used to date one of our less active members. Well, we were at her house about a month ago with her brother and he said a prayer for us, specifically asking Heavenly Father to bless that his sister's boyfriend Louise would have the opportunity to hear our message! Heavenly Father is so amazing and His hand in this work is SO real!

I don't have much time but I love y'all so much! Your letters and amazing packages full of precious treats and parts of your love mean so much to me! I don't think I have ever felt so loved and so supported by my Savior and Heavenly Father AND all of my loved ones here on earth with me :) I love y'all to the moon and back!


Hermana Knight
Sister Ihler, me, and Sister Turner


Eating crinkle fries and thinking of my Dad


Bird nest above the Pastor Family's front door

The baby birds

My companion Hermana Ihler and me

No comments:

Post a Comment