Monday, May 13, 2013

Howdy Y'all

Howdy,


I don't have much time today! I'm on exchanges with Sister Turner today in Nashville and we've had a little mini vacay here! We came down with our Zone Leaders for Mormon night at the baseball game here. We went to the Grand Ole Opry Hotel this morning- so beautiful! We've had a lovely day- it's been like a missionary mormon style of Ferris Bueler's day off! Anywho, here's one of my favorite miracles from this week:

We were at a gas station a couple weeks ago when I noticed a Hispanic man putting gas in his car as well so Hermana Ihler and I jumped out and talked to him and got his information. His name is Venencio Cruz. We visited his house last Sunday and invited him to our Gospel class we have on Wednesdays and gave him a Book of Mormon. To be completely honest, I wasn't really sure if he would truly come to class because everyone here tells us they'll come and they never do. BUT as we were standing outside talking to the Elders we saw his red car pull up and our hearts jumped out of our chests and we had to keep it cool so we wouldn't scare him. We had a member in the ward there to help us interpret for him and he loved it. We taught him a little more after class and got to know him better. He is from Mexico and is here on a work Visa. In the three days that he had the Book of Mormon he read 40 pages! He has a sincere desire to be baptized but is not able to come to church because of work. We are going to continue teaching him at nights and will see what comes of it!

Sister Iherl and I feel prompted to really dedicate this whole week to Spanish work. I felt prompted during church yesterday to fast and pray all week and to ask Heavenly Father if there are Hispanics here that are ready to hear the Gospel. We have found quite a few people to teach but I'm having a hard time feeling like they are sincerely interested. We will be working really hard with everyone this week and praying to have the Spirit's help in discerning who really has a desire to learn and how we can be more effective teachers for them.

I love you all so much! Talking to my family yesterday was AMAZING! I have the best family ever and they just motivate and uplift me in so many ways. I hope you all had great wonderful mother's days!

Hermana Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment