Monday, November 18, 2013

Tornadoes and raw milk!



Zone Conference! Elder Motes who serves in our ward with us is a giant!


Hello darling people!
This week has been so random but so good!
I'm just going to share a few things because we don't have a lot of time today!
Exciting happenings in Hoptown:

-We had dinner with the Fears in this adorable building on Main St downtown- It used to be their cute loft where they would have line dancing and activities for their friends. I just thought it was so charming and the Fears are such lovely people!

-We had an incredible Zone Conference on Tuesday! Elder Pino from the Seventy and his wife came and spoke to us. They had so many amazing things to share with us and I felt so inspired and I never want my mission to end! We were combined with other zones so it was fun to see some other missionaries that I don't get to visit with that often!

-Sister Weldon took us out again this week to her neighbors and we met more people to teach! She is so incredible! I love her so much!

-On Saturday night we went to dinner at the home of one of our members and it was so much fun! We had an amazing meal of breakfast for dinner- everything made from scratch- delicious! We went with them to their Amish neighbors to get milk and it was so neat to see how they live and to talk to them with their Pennsylvanian Dutch accents! They were milking the cows with lanterns in the pitch black. I wish we could have gotten some pictures because it was one of my favorite memories! We had such a lovely dinner as we sipped on our delicious fresh raw milk! and I hope my future family is as happy and loving as they are! 

-Late that same Saturday night, Hermana Carrell and I heard people outside our apartment and we FREAKED out! Hna Carrell had her mace and I had a can of hairspray in my hand. We called the Senior couple that lives in the same apartment and Elder Smith came over and checked it out. He said that our neighbor saw some teenage boys snooping around and trying to get into the mailboxes for some reason. We finally felt okay to sleep and then the wind started picking up super crazy! Around 12 we got super paranoid and packed our most precious belongings and some clothes in case a storm hit. So much for sleep! The next day after church we got a super weird feeling and felt like there was a storm coming. We got home and climbed in our beds to take a lunch nap and then the tornado sirens went off! We hurried and grabbed out supplies and drove to the church which is literally 30 seconds away. The sky got super scary and we set up camp in the sunbeam room! After 3 hours of being on tornado watch we finally were safe to go out and to my knowledge no tornadoes touched down in Hopkinsville even though they hit down every where else around us- we got lucky! 

So that was our amazing random and scary but wonderful week!

If you haven't already heard, I have a new adorable baby niece! Gwenneth Rose Twitchell came into this world last Wednesday and I can't wait to cuddle with her in 8 months!


 I know with all my heart that before we came here to earth that we lived with our Heavenly Father. I love holding babies because you can feel the peace of heaven in their presence. I know that part of God's plan was for us to come here to gain bodies and experiences that would help us develop more faith and appreciation in Him and in our Savior Jesus Christ. Every single person on this earth chose to come here and whether they feel it or not- they chose to follow Jesus Christ before this life. We all shouted with joy as we heard of Heavenly Father's plan and learned that we would be coming to this earth that was created by Christ for us. That decision that we made before this life to follow Jesus Christ is ongoing. We must continue to choose him everyday with trust and hope that he will lead us into eternal happiness, back in our home with our Father in heaven and our families forever.


I know that families are forever. I know that God has restored the power for families to be sealed for eternity. I know that God intended for the love that comes from our families to reach past this mortal life. We don't need to settle for a "till death do us part", we can receive the blessing of being with those we love for time and all eternity. I can't think of anything else that would bring me greater happiness and peace, can you?

I love you all with all my little heart!


Hermana Knight

P.S.
We taught a group of men last night who are leaving to go back to Mexico today. We had an amazing lesson with all 9 of them as we taught the Restoration. We watched the movie with them and they were all watching so attently- scooting their chairs to see and hear better- it was amazing! We gave them all Libro de Mormons before we left and got some of their information to send missionaries to their homes in Mexico. I hope they bring the gospel home to their families! (see the photo below)

Matching headbands
Me and Hermana Carrel

Elder McCray and Elder Shiner - we served together in the Madison Zone! (How did Elder Shiner know that I have always wanted to be a bunny?)

The cool old theatre here that they turned into a bar - haha



Me giving a Book of Mormon to an elf


Taking refuge from the tornadoes inside of the church building 

Tornados forming outside of the church building


....bye 'yall until next week......





No comments:

Post a Comment