Thursday, January 31, 2013

2nd letter to family and friends



Hola mi familia y amigos!

    Life at the MTC is great! It's really really hard at moments but then the Lord blesses you with these amazing moments that just fix everything and put your mind and heart at peace. We were reading in Ether yesterday about the brother of Jared and the stones the Lord gave light to with his finger- please go read it! - but I had this realization that we too, like the brother of Jared, need to prepare stones for ourselves so that when we are in need, the Lord can give us the light to get through our storms. I also realized that there are SO MANY out there who have been preparing these stones for themselves and are just waiting for someone to show them how the Lord can light them- we as missionaries have the divine calling to be an instrument in the Lord's hands and give light to other's stones- please please please please find ways to share the gospel with others whether through your words or actions- share the spirit of Christ with them and give light to those stones that they carry around. 

Elder Clayton of the seventy spoke this week and gave a wonderful and powerful message on the importance of having a loving and strong companionship- JUST WHAT I NEEDED TO HEAR! Sometimes I forget I have a companion and I'm like why is this girl following me everywhere??? I need my space! But then I remember that the Lord sends us two by two and I stop thinking about myself and think about how I can serve her and how we together can serve our fellow hermanas y hermanos. OH! and Elder Clayton had just gotten back from Villahermosa and was at the same conference Elder Knight was at!! (my brother Trevor)  I about died and had to go shake his hand after so I could get as close to my brother as possible haha. I miss mi hermano so so so much but I'm so happy we both get to rejoice in this work right now. 

Thank you SOOO much for all of the amazing, loving and inspiring dearelder.com letters! I am so lucky to have grandparents, aunts and uncles that love and support me so much, I got all of them on the same night and felt so incredibly loved! I love how my brother-in-law is the only sibling I've heard from since I've been here haha but oh my goodness Danny, your words meant so much to me and were so powerful- I could tell you were representing Chelsea and the boys as well! I'm going to do my best to write everyone back personally today!!! I just feel so lucky to have the family I do and I'm so happy to know that I get to live with all of you forever and ever :) 

We just got back from going to the temple this morning and I love being there because I always feel my nana and grandma Gwen and the love and support that they have for me and for all of you. I don't really have a whole lot of time and so I'm sorry if this email is so random and jumbled up! Oh, this week I thought to start playing 'guess what Disney ride I am' with the hermanas when we need cheering up- you act out a Disney ride and they have to guess- and Hermana Knecht (my favorite little hermana) decided that we should dress up everyday with a different Disney theme and it's been so fun. All of the elders in our zone have been doing it along with us! Monday was strictly Disney rides or attractions and I dressed up as theTiki room! Tuesday was California Adventure ride and I dressed up as human Ursula from the Little Mermaid Ride. Wednesday was Prince and Princess day and most of the elders decided to wear ties that represented Princesses instead of princes, which I found pretty funny. Of course we can't actually look costumey so it's fun trying to find a way to look like these things as a missionary. Tomorrow is Pixar day and I'm probably going to be Edna from The Incredibles.

 I love you all so much and keep up the dear elders letters because they really really help me get through the week! Send me more treats and letters please! I can never have too many words from loved ones and too much sugar! I hope all of you have felt the love that the Lord has for you this week and have felt the love and appreciation I have for you. Miss you all!

Hermana Knight
Elder Brown

My favorite

My MTC district


My MTC companion Sister Clark

Elder Hunsaker who looks like my cousin Sawyer

My MTC desk


No comments:

Post a Comment