Friday, February 8, 2013

Halfway through the MTC...


Well hey there!
     This week has gone by so incredibly fast! We're halfway through the MTC (Missionary Training Center) and I'm freaking out because I don't know the language that well and I'm also way excited because I just want to be out in the real world! Sometimes we joke about how we're probably in some big dome stadium like in Hunger Games and it just looks like there's mountains around us and that the sky is fake. I chipped my back molar while eating the chips in the cafeteria so that's really cool. At least now I get to go to a real dentist and go out into the real world for a couple hours! Last night I was eating dinner and I saw an older woman at one of the food carts and I thought I knew her but I was like, no way that couldn't be her, so then I walked over to where she was and pretended to get food so I could get a better look at her and then I told her she looked really familiar and she said "well I'm Kathy Marler?" and then I said "CAN I PLEASE HAVE A HUG??" and then she hugged me and then she remembered who I was and then she ate dinner with me and it was SO nice to see a familiar and friendly face here. Her husband has been called as a Mission President and so she's here to learn Spanish because they've been called in a Spanish speaking mission! Although I don't think they find out where they're actually going until March. I also just barely ran into Kim Bennet and gave her a giant hug too- I'm really into giving people hugs because they have this no touching policy right now and so if I ever have the smallest excuse to hug someone I just get so excited. The Elders from one of out districts in our zone left this week and it was sooo sad and I cried when we all sang God Be With You Till We Meet Again because they were just SO happy and excited to get into the field and it's just such an overwhelming feeling to be united in so great a cause. All of the Elders who leave have journals that they have everyone sign and it's kind of like a yearbook, it's really cute. We've already planned a zone camping trip and Disneyland adventure for when we get back. Oh and me and some of the Hermanas from my mission are going to start a band, we already have a manager and we discuss our future plans during meal times. I'm going to play the banjo and harmonica.

Serious Time: This week Elder Clarke of the Seventy spoke at our devotinal and it was incredible! It was like a second wind for me, it was just what I needed to continue full force through these next few weeks. The most powerful moment in the meeting was when he asked if there were any missionaries here that had family or loved ones that had fallen away from the gospel, he then asked us to all stand up. Over 90% of the missionaries stood up. He then made us a very powerful promise- If we take the time to worry about someone else's loved one, The Lord will find someone to take the time to worry about ours. I'm pretty sure that every person standing or sitting had tears in their eyes and we all felt the spirit so strong and knew that this man of God spoke absolute truth. I encourage all to go out and find someone to serve, worry about another's loved one, find ways to touch the heart of those around you who are struggling with their faith. I feel so honored to be able to serve at this time and I hope that I will have the opportunity to worry about someone else's loved one. I know that there are countless families who pray DAILY for their loved ones, please make the effort to help the Lord answer their prayers. Be that instrument for The Lord. I know that this promise was true because I am an example of the power of prayer and the power of having a brother serve The Lord. I know that my family prayed for a really long time for me, years, and I know that the Lord answered their prayers through others around me in Salt Lake City who followed the spirit and helped me return to the fold. I know that my brother's service to The Lord played a huge part in that. The Gospel is real brothers and sisters, it is true. I know that our Savior loves each and every one of us in the most personal way. I know that through Him, not only can we be forgiven of past transgressions, but that he can carry our sorrows and our worries away. We don't have to suffer as He did because of his great and neverending love for us. I have felt that this week. I have had a hard time putting some things out of my mind that are distracting me and my Redeemer has carried these thoughts and sorrows away and my heart feels so light. I LOVE this gospel, I LOVE this church and I LOVE my Heavenly Father and His Son, our brother, Jesus Christ. One more thing that Elder Clarke said was that there are countless numbers of people praying daily for us as missionaries and that we need to live up to those prayers. I feel all of your prayers, and I thank you so so much. I promise that I will do my best to live up to those prayers. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen


With Great Love,
     Hermana Knight

P.S. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all of your lovely Dear Elders, they make this experience so much greater and it means so much to me that you take the time to write! So keep them coming por favor :)
I love you all!!!  (write to me at www.dearelder.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment