Monday, July 29, 2013

Dearest Family and Friends

The day of Luis' baptism


This is from the day Luis was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints


Dearest Family and Friends,

  Last Monday was so crazy but so incredible!! Luis was baptized! The Spanish Elders were able to come down and bring a family that they've been teaching. Elder Guzman was the one to baptize Luis and it was so special because they realized they're from the same place in Mexico! Veracruz! The ward was so supportive and a lot of them came even though they didn't speak the language and couldn't understand anything! All that attended, Spanish or English speaking, could feel the Spirit so strongly. It was a really special experience and Luis was just GLOWING afterwards! He was confirmed yesterday in sacrament and it was beautiful. I just feel so lucky to have been a part of this. You can truly see a change in Luis as he's made these important steps to follow his Savior.

Hna Ihler got her visa!!!!! President called last night and left a message for us to call him back and she was FREAKING out! She somehow just knew that it was about her visa- when he told us she was leaving it was so exciting but so sad! I'm so grateful that part of the Lord's plan for her was to come and serve here and with me of all the crazy people! She will be missed and I know that she will do so many amazing things in Argentina! She leaves Wednesday so we've been trying to make the most of these last two days! Hna Idso and I are planning some surprises for her tomorrow ;)

We watched the last scene of the Testament video with some of our favorite members the Murdock family yesterday and the Spirit was SO strong. I felt of the love that our Savior has for each and every one of us. One of the reasons I love the Book of Mormon so much is because it is a testament that Christ does not forget any of us. He did not forget the people in the Americas and he does not forget us. I could barely bear my testimony yesterday because I was so choked up. My understanding of the Love that the Savior has for us has increased so much on my mission. If there's anything I want to accomplish on my mission, it is to share with the people here that I serve and all of you the love that our Savior has for us. I want all to know the power of the Atonement and how we can apply it in every single part of our lives. The power of the Atonement has the power to fix and fill in every crack of our hearts.

I love you all so much and am so grateful to have you in my life :)

Hermana Knight





No comments:

Post a Comment