Monday, August 26, 2013

We can do hard things





Hello my dear loved ones!

Something that I've been thinking a lot about this week is something that President McKee would always say and that President Andersen has continued to remind us of :

We can do hard things.

Let me share a little secret with you......missions are hard, so hard. I often wonder sometimes how something that is so amazing like a mission could be so so hard. It might be a little more obvious now that I had a bit of a rough week. To say the least. I had two really precious and sacred moments this week that totally brought me out of my slump and helped me see more of the beauty it is to be here serving.

We went to the temple on Friday with our district and President and Sister Andersen and it was such a sweet experience. The Spirit was so so strong every second I was in that sacred place. I received a blessing from President Andersen and it was exactly what I  needed to hear from my Heavenly Father. I cannot put into words the peace that I felt in the Lord's house that day. Then on Sunday during sacrament I decided to start reading in Matthew about when Christ first blessed and passed the bread and wine and everything just kind of hit me really hard.

I continued to read up until His crucifixion. I never realized before that it took Him three times to finish the prayer in Gethsemane. The two times he stopped to seek comfort or perhaps support from His friends, He found them asleep. I cannot imagine how alone He must have felt in that garden. I also cannot imagine the love He had to have had for all of us to continue to prayer to our Father and prepare a way for us back to Him. Let that same love carry us through our trials and through our tribulations.

Let the hope that the Savior provided us that day carry us through this life. The hope that we do not need to go through this life feeling alone or have our worries bring us down because there will always be one who knows exactly what we are feeling and exactly what we are in need of to receive comfort and strength. I know with every part of my heart that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know that He loves and knows each and every one of us individually. I know that we have a Father in Heaven that sent His only begotten son so that we could return again to Him and live forever in happiness with our families. God has a plan for each and every one of us. Just like our Savior, part of that plan is going to include sorrow and tribulations, but we will never have to feel alone through those times, we can always have peace in our Savior.

I hope that you will take time this week to truly think about Christ and the love that He has for you personally. I pray that you will choose to make sacrament this next Sunday a sacred experience. I pray that you will find peace and answers as you take time to go to the Lord's house.

Thank you for all of the early birthday wishes- they really mean SO much to me at this time. A member in the ward is taking me out for sushi tomorrow night and we'll be busy teaching lessons all day so it should be a beautiful birthday!

I love you also much!


Hermana Knight


No comments:

Post a Comment