Monday, October 14, 2013

Car problems = Miracles

Halloween preparation at the McCraws'


Hello my beautiful family and loved ones! Can I just start by telling you how much I love ALL of you?? I think about all of you all the time and you're always in my prayers and I just don't now how I got so lucky to have a life filled with such amazing people!

Last Monday right after we emailed, we went to get our tire fixed and it was such an awesome experience! We had said a prayer that morning that our Heavenly Father would put people in our path to share the gospel with and He definitely answered that prayer! The moment we sat down there was this older man to our left and we said hello and it quickly turned into a conversation about all different aspects of the gospel! He told us how during the last few years of his father's life he was very involved with the church. His father would read stories out of the Book of Mormon and he loved it! He then started naming off reasons why people are opposed to the LDS faith and defended us in every way! It was so refreshing to meet someone of another faith who was understanding, admiring and supportive of our beliefs. We gave him a Book of Mormon to read and he was very grateful! We then met a man who worked at the fire station with a member in our ward. He didn't seem too interested but we were able to share a Restoration pamphlet with him and invited him to talk the member at the fire house about it! We then met a man who had TONS of questions for us because he had been reading a lot of anti literature. It was so nice to be able to share with him the truths about what we believe and why we believe what we believe. Hermana Idso shared the first vision with him and invited him to read the Book of Mormon for himself which he happily and gratefully accepted! Last but not least, while I was checking out with one of the mechanics I asked him if he was familiar with our church and he revealed that he had met with missionaries a long time ago and they were teaching him for a looong time! He asked them to stop coming because he felt they were being a little pushy but he said he has a desire to come back to church. Well, previously to that moment, I had been marking my favorite scriptures in a BOM to give away and I knew that Guy the mechanic was the one to give it to. When I asked if he still had a Book of Mormon he said yes but he had no idea where it was. I told him that I had one JUST for him that I had marked with my favorite scriptures and he almost didn't believe me! The entire time I was talking to him I just felt impressed to read from Alma 36. As I read a scripture about the joy that comes from repentance he opened up a bit more and told me that he is seeking just that. The Spirit was so strong as we talked about the gift of repentance and the peace that it brings into our lives. We left him with that Book of Mormon and invited him to come to church and to read from Alma 36. We will be making weekly visits in Tire Plaza now!

We had our Zone P-day on Thursday and Wickliffe Mounds was cool but kind of boring! It was nice to get out of the area for a little bit though! We also drove to where the Ohio River and Mississippi River meet and it was really fun! We met a really sweet couple from Pennsylvania who we were able to talk with about the gospel. They were kind and thanked us for the work that we do. We hope we planted a seed!

All in all, we had a really good week- LOTS of miracles! Hermana Idso made a goal to find someone everyday and we did! We ran into the most amazing people all week! I love just getting to meet the most incredible people everyday! We have also met a lot of Hispanics that we will begin teaching this week. Also, we started teaching Domingo's brother and his family and it's been so great! Missionary work is the best! I hope that all of you can feel the importance of this work in your life as well. Something that a mission does for you is it helps you realize that missionary work is one of the most important things we can be doing with our times and talents. Find time to go out with the missionaries, invite people to hear the missionaries in your home and open your mouth and talk to everyone you meet and share your testimony!

I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hermana Knight

The McCraw family- members that I LOVE!!!

We wrote notes on the McCraw's floor before they put their new carpet down


No comments:

Post a Comment