Monday, May 5, 2014

Jamba Juice and the Public Library

Nashville Public Library

Hola!

This past week has been super random! We felt really strongly Tuesday that we needed to leave West Nashville and go downtown and ended up at the library! We met a really cool kid who's looking for a second chance and the sweetest older woman who works as a security guard- keeping the peace as she says! We went back the next day and has countless people approach US and we had so many opportunities to testify of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ through the prophet Joseph Smith! It's crazy how The Lord just directs us where to go and puts people in our path! I will never ever ever believe in coincidences ever again. EVERYTHING is orchestrated by God! Especially when we are following the Spirit!

Another morning Hermana Schmit was having a hard time and it was incredible how God used me as an instrument to help her feel better.
As I hugged her that morning we just both cried and I just felt like it wasn't me hugging her, but my Heavenly Father. The love that Heavenly Father has for Hermana Schmit is tremendous and I know that He loves each and everyone of us that much as well. I challenge all of you this week to be sensitive to other's needs and struggles this week and let God use you as an instrument to minister to them and help them feel His love. I felt guided to tell her to get her stuff and get in the car and we went to Jamba Juice and it was exactly what we both needed. It may seem like a small thing to go to Jamba Juice but I know that it wasn't something that I thought of by myself, it came from God and it really helped both of us.

We had a lot of opportunities to teach the message of the Restoration this week and the more that we taught it, the more it clicked and the more I believed in it. I already knew it was true but my testimony of Jesus Christ restoring His true church and His true covenants through the prophet Joseph Smith has been strengthened. I honestly do not understand how anyone who reads and believes in the Bible could look at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and not realize that it Christ's true church and that it is organized by God, not man.
Our organization, ordinances and religious practices all come from the Bible and the way that Jesus Christ organized His church when He was on the earth. God has always called prophets, all throughout the Bible, he's called men old and young- so why would it be impossible for Him to call a 14 year old boy to be His prophet in our dispensation? I was talking to a guy going to TSU at the library and after I shared this message with him I asked him what he thought and he replied, "I don't see why God wouldn't do that, I could never limit His power or His love for us." I wanted to hug him in that moment. Why can't everyone see that the message of the Restoration us testimony that God loves us! He loves us just like He loved the people in ancient times, why would He stop talking to us through prophets and more scripture? Why wouldn't He want to help us be more prepared as the time of His Son's Second Coming reaches closer and closer?
 Hermana Schmit and I treated ourselves to Jim and Nicks- we had the yummiest pulled prk sandwiches ever!
 



Brothers and sisters, I want you to not only know but feel of my testimony of the restoration. I know, with all of my heart, that God called a humble boy, Joseph Smith, to restore precious and important truths and parts of the gospel of Jesus Christ so that we would have Christ's true church in it's FULLNESS. He did this because He loves us and He wants nothing more than to have us back in His arms someday. To you parents out there, what would you do to have your children return to you if you were ever separated? Anything and everything, right?
That's what the Heavenly Father has done through restoring these things and restoring His authority and power once again. Through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, we have the true and only path back to our Heavenly Father AND to living with our families forever. I pray that you all will understand your privileges as children of God and your potential to live and be happy forever. The gospel is how receive ALL of Heavenly Father's blessings for us in this life and beyond. Do not settle for only part of that. Do not settle for anything but ALL of it. You and your family are worth so much more. So so much more.

I love each and every one of you so much. You will never understand how grateful I am for you and for your love and support. It has given me the strength to keep going on and become the person that I have the potential to be. I hope that my love and support has helped you in that same way as well.

God lives. Jesus Christ is our Savior. The Holy Spirit will always testify of this truth. They love us. They love us more than we will ever understand.

Con Amor,
Hermana Knight

PS. I have a new post up on my mission blog:
tostandwithvaliantheart.blogspot.com

Friday night we popped in the Testaments and had a movie night before we went to sleep!
Johnny Cash was the last to perform at the Grand Ol Opry before they restored it.
Tarzan visiting the Grand Ol Opry


No comments:

Post a Comment