Monday, April 15, 2013

Will be in Paducha, Kentucky!

Hot News Flash! - I'm moving tomorrow morning to Paducha, Kentucky!  I'll be opening a new area for our mission and training a missionary who is waiting for her visa so that she can go out of the country for her mission.



ROSIE AND DONALD! -and me holding their puppy gigi :) 



Hola mi famila y amigos!

 This week has been a week of miracles. The Lord has shown me this week the power of prayer. I can say with firmness of heart that Heavenly Father hears my prayers and answers them. On Saturday(After sitting in Traffic School all morning because Hermana Hend got a speeding ticket!)  we went to Mc Donalds for lunch and before we got out of the car we offered a prayer that we would find someone there to invite to church and share the gospel with. Not even 30 seconds after we had gotten out of the car we walked past a woman sitting on the curb, kindly said hello and then she asked us if we had Bibles in our hands. She quickly pulled out her little Bible and we started talking about why she loves the Bible and her journey to God and then we shared our love for the Book of Mormon with her and when we gave one to her, she was so grateful. We sat and talked with her while we ate and I was so grateful for the new friend that Heavenly Father had given us. That same day, while on splits, Hermana Hendrickson and I were driving down the road to another investigator's house when we felt prompted to pull over to a trailer park instead. As we pulled in I had an overwhelming feeling that there was someone there that needed to hear the gospel and that they were definitely Spanish speaking. We said a prayer specifically asking for the Lord to lead us to this family and not even 5 minutes afterwards we saw a Hispanic man from across the distance. His name was Luiz and he quickly introduced us to his wife Suzy and their two children. We sat and talked for a long time- probably too long- but it was so amazing and Suzy was so open and so ready for the gospel. Tears ran down her face as we watched the Restoration video with her. We are going back this Wednesday and I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for this family.

 One of our investigators came to church! Rosie! Rosie was so excited to be there and she loved every second of it! We have a great family fellow-shipping her. We visited her and Donald that night and there was such a spirit and such a light in the two of them! Keep praying for Donald that his legs will work so he can get to church! It's so amazing to witness this transformation in people as they come to accept and love the gospel! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! This truly is the world's greatest mission. I feel so lucky to be here.

 Last week was transfers and to our surprise they transferred Hna Miner out of here and Hna Hendrickson and I stayed in our area AND we got a new missionary to train. Her name is Hermana Garlitz and she's the cutest little gal ever. We love each other and have seen so many miracles just in the one week that we've been together. We finally moved out of Madison and into White House and live off of a little highway in a duplex. It's gorgeous, there are just trees everywhere surrounding us and then there's even a cute 'lil cemetery across the street :) I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want to scare my Ma but I feel so good being out of Madison because where we lived was GHETT to the O! Seriously- we'd see like drug deals all the time, people chasing other people with guns (we pretended they were bounty hunters so we wouldn't be scared), we would hear cops from inside of our apartment asking some other person to come out with their hands up- good times! I actually do miss living there, lots of fun memories. We still work in that area but not as much since we live in the country now. Madison, you'll be in my heart forever.

I could honestly write like 7 more paragraphs about all of the miracles we've witnessed and all of the people the Lord has guided us to. I was reading in Lementations chapter 3 today and am so grateful for the beautiful words we have in the Bible and Book of Mormon. To me, as I was reading this chapter I was reminded of the power that Satan can have on us if we let him, and the sorrow and darkness we find ourselves in at times....but then it speaks of the hope and the light that we find in Christ as our Redeemer. In Jermiah's words:
Starting in verse 21...
 This I recall to my mind,therefore have I hope.
It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

Then in verses 52-59 it reminds me of the dungeons that we find ourselves in but the Lord is always there to tell us to fear not as he has his hand reached to us to rescue.
What joy and comfort there is in the simple truth that our Redeemer lives. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by this love that the Savior has for each and every one of us. Let this love bring you beauty into each and everyday.

I love y'all so so much!

Hermana Knight 

The elders in this picture are Elder McCray and Elder George- the best!


-our favorite friend Johnny who loves us and takes us to lunch sometimes and calls us to make sure we're safe- he's a father of three girls and is just a nice man

This is me pointing to the Charlotte North Carolina sign -where my dad and his family is from- my dad was converted to the church in Charlotte in 1973 by missionaries knocking on their door :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment